Tuesday 28 September 2010

Inside the Teenage Brain

The video we have been watching in psychology is called Inside the Teenage Brain. It basically study teenagers and why they act the way they do, with their attitudes, depression, and mood swings. It was interesting to watch because we are teenagers and most of the time we ourselves don't understand why we act the way we do. By far the most interesting thing I learned from the video is why teenagers have mood swings. This specifically captured my attention because I can relate to it. Unlike the kids in the video, I normally do not have attitude problems or trouble in school, and I get along well with my parents. But, like many other people, I have mood swings. I learned that I am not the only person who can go from being sad to happy in a matter of minutes, and not the only one who is scared about it. But I learned from the video that this normal in adolescence because of the changing and developing hormones in our body and that it is nothing to be worried about. I also learned that the reason teenagers may be so lonely and depressed at times is because we are simply growing up and trying to figure out our place in the world, which is always a hard thing to do. However, hopefully, we will grow out of it and learn to become better people.

1 comment: